Indian Air Force AFCAT 2021 for Officers : Indian Air Force AFCAT (02/2021) for Flying Branch and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branches/ NCC Special Entry/ Meteorology Entry for courses commencing in January 2022.
Candidates with the qualification of B.E/B.Tech/Any Degree can apply for this exam.
The application process will be starting on 01 June 2021.
The detailed eligibility and application process of AFCAT 2021 are given in below;
|Post Name/Job Role||Commissioned Officers|
|Exam Name||AFCAT 02/2021/NCC Special Entry -Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT)|
|Total No of Posts||334|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Application Start Date||01 June 2021|
|Last Date||30 June 2021|
AFACT is Air Force Common Admission Test conducted by Indian Force in National level. AFCAT will be conducted twice in the year for the recruitment of Flying Branch, Technical Branch, and ground Duty Staff under Indian Air Force. After the written test (AFCAT) result candidates are shortlisted based on the fixed cutoff for the further interview or personality test. The personality test will be conducted for 6 days with two stages of intelligence test, Psychological test, Group tasks, and Personal Interview. For all the three branches in the Air Force, both men and women can apply. While for Women Short Service Commission will be offered, for men both Short Service Commission and Permanent service will be offered. An individual can have a maximum of 16 attempts (2 attempts per year) while a total of 8 attempts for AFCAT written and 8 attempts through fast track selection entry.
For Flying Branch:
- Minimum of 60% marks each in Maths & Physics at 10+2 level.
- Graduates (Three Year Course) in any discipline from a recognised University who have attained minimum 60% marks or equivalent OR
- BE/B Tech (Four Year Course) from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
- Cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India) or
- Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
For Ground Duty (Technical):
Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics)/(Mechanical):
- Candidates with a minimum of 50% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and a minimum of four years degree graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering/ Technology from recognized University OR cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India)
For Ground Duty (Non-Technical)
- Passed 10+2 and Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Passed 10+2 and Post-Graduation with 50% in any discipline including integrated courses offering PG (Single degree without permission to exit and lateral entry) and with 60% marks in Graduation in any discipline.
For NCC Special Entry (Flying Branch):
- Minimum 60% marks in each in Maths & Physics at 10 + 2 level.
- Graduate (Three Year Course) in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks or equivalent. (OR)
- BE/B Tech (Four Year Course) from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks or equivalent(OR)
- Cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
Final Year/semester students are also eligible to apply, provided they do not have any present backlogs at the time of AFSB Testing and produce Degree certificate issued by the University as per the date stipulated in the advertisement.
NCC Air Wing Senior Division ’C’ certificate and validity of the certificate would be two years before the date of advertisement.
- Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Geography/ Computer Applications/ Environmental Science/ Applied Physics/ Oceanography/ Meteorology/ Agricultural Meteorology/ Ecology & Environment/ Geophysics/ Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks
Note: Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and are yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog and should have secured a minimum of 60% marks upto the last semester/year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application.
Physical Fitness Test:
- Candidates should aim to achieve an ability to run 01 miles (1.6 km) in 10 mins, do 10 pushups and 03 chin-ups.
- Prospective candidates are also advised to keep themselves in good physical condition to adapt to physical training at AFA which encompasses running, swimming, rope climbing and other forms of physical training/ conditioning in which they would undergo mandatory tests during training.
Age Limit :
- For Flying Branch: 20 to 24 years
- For Ground Duty (Technical/Non-Technical) Branches: 20 to 26 years
AFCAT 2021 – Branch wise vacancies : 334
AFCAT Entry (Flying Branch) – 96 Posts
AFCAT Entry (Ground Duty – Technical) – 137 Posts
- AE(L): PC – 20, SSC – 78
- AE(M): PC – 8, SSC – 31
AFCAT Entry (Ground Duty – Non-Technical) – 73 Posts
- Admin: PC – 10, SSC – 42
- Accounts: PC – 04, SSC – 17
NCC Special Entry (Flying Branch) – 10% seats out of CDSE vacancies for PC and 10% seats out of AFCAT vacancies for SSC.
For Meteorology-28 Posts
Met : PC– 06,SSC– 22
AFCAT written examination
- Stage-I – Officer Intelligence Rating Test along with Picture Perception and discussion test
- Stage-II – Psychological test, Group Tests and Interview would commence after document check for the next five days.
An All India Merit List is compiled on the basis of your performance in the written test and AFSB interview, subject to being medically fit.
- For AFCAT Entry: Rs.250/-
- For NCC special entry & Meteorology: Not required to pay
How to Apply for AFCAT 2021 Exam?
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this AFCAT 02/2021 for Flying Branch and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branches/ NCC Special Entry/ Meteorology Entry Exam in online from 1 June 2021 to 30 June 2021.
|Official Notification 1||Click Here|
|Official Notification 2||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|More Details||Click Here|
|Important Dates : Indian Air Force AFCAT 2021|
|Opening date for submission of Online Applications||01 June 2021|
|Closing date for submission of Online Applications||30 June 2021|