Southern Railway Recruitment 2019 : Southern Railway invited job application for the post of Apprentice in the designated trades at various Divisions/ Workshops/ Units in the jurisdiction of Southern Railway for 3529 vacancies are available. Candidates with the qualification of ITI/10th/12th can apply for Apprentices job. Interested and Eligible candidates can apply for this post online and through postal before the last date. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below;
|Job Location||Perambur/Arakkonam/Chennai/ Ponmalai/ Trichy/Madurai/Podanur/Coimbatore/ Trivandrum/Palghat/Salem|
|Application Starting Date||01 December 2019|
|Last Date||31 December 2019|
- Must have passed 10th class examination under 10, +2 system or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- Must have passed ITI Course in relevant trades from a recognized institution.
For Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)(Radiology, Pathology & Cardiology)
- Must have passed +2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology (For MLT Only).
- Respective Trades: Fitter, Welder (G&E), Carpenter, Painter, Machinist, Diesel Mechanic, Electrician, Turner, Electronic Mechanic, Mechanic Motor Vehicle, Mechanic Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, PASAA, Wireman
Note: Minimum 50% marks in SSLC not applicable for SC/ST/PwD Candidates.
Candidates with higher qualification viz. Diploma/Degree & Course Completed Act Apprentices are NOT eligible to apply.
Age Limit (as on the date of notification)
Minimum age : 15 years
Maximum age : Should NOT have completed 22/24 years for Freshers/Ex-ITI, MLT Respectively
Place & Category Wise Vacancies : (Total – 3529 Posts)
- Carriage & Wagon Work, Perambur: 80 Posts
- Railway Hospital/Perambur (MLT): 20 Posts
Ex-ITI Category: (Total – 1108 Posts)
- Carriage & Wagon Work, Perambur: 384 Posts
- Electrical Workshop, Perambur: 130 Posts
- Loco Works, Perambur: 214 Posts
- Engineering Works, Arakkonam: 67 Posts
- Chennai Division RS/AJJ: 74 Posts
- Chennai Division RS/AVD: 102 Posts
- Chennai Division RS/TBM: 60 Posts
- Chennai Division DSL/TNP: 9 Posts
- Chennai Division C&W/BBQ: 38 Posts
- Chennai Division RS/RPM: 27 Posts
- Railway Hospital/ Perambur (PASAA): 3 Posts
S&T Workshop/ Podanur and Palghat Division
Trade (Freshers ITI) : 43 Posts
Signal & Telecommunication Workshop/ Podanur, Coimbatore
Designated Trade (Ex.ITI) : 52 Posts
- Designated Trade (Ex.ITI): 683 Posts
- Palghat Division: (Total – 666 Posts)
- Designated Trade (Ex.ITI): 107 Posts
- Engineering: 130 Posts
- Electrical/ GS: 89 Posts
- Electrical/ TRD: 111 Posts
- MEMU Shed/Palakkad: 102 Posts
- Signal & Telecommunication: 127 Posts
- Salem Division: (Total – 210 Posts)
- Diesel Loco Shed/ Erode: 80 Posts
- Carriage & Wagon Depot/ Erode: 60 Posts
- Electric Loco Shed/ Erode: 70 Posts
Central Workshop/ Ponmalai
- Designated Trade (Freshers ITI): 308 Posts
- Trade : 259 Posts
- Designated Trade : 100 Posts
Selection will be based on the merit list which would be prepared to take the average of the percentage marks obtained by the candidates in both 10th and ITI examination. Selected candidates have to bring a medical certificate at the time of document verification
Processing fee : Rs.100/-
Note : No fee is required to be paid by SC/ST/PwD/Women candidates.
Mode of Payment : Through online mode.
How to Apply
All interested and eligible candidates should register your details in the Apprenticeship Portal and then apply for this post online from 01 December to 31 December 2019.
Note: For Central Workshop Ponmalai, Trichy, Madurai division, candidates are advised to get themselves registered and obtain a registration number from Regional Directorate of Apprenticeship Training Guindy/ Chennai and keep it ready with them. Candidates shall not be permitted to start Apprenticeship without RDAT registration number