Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) Notification 2020 : Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has published notification for the recruitment of Technical Asst & Sr Technician vacancies. Those Candidates who are interested in the vacancy details & completed all eligibility criteria can read the Notification & Apply Online.
Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), the statutory body under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution (Department of Consumer Affairs), Govt. of India and responsible for activities in the field of Standardization, Product and System Certification, Hallmarking of Gold/Silver Jewellery, Laboratory Testing, etc. in the country, INVITES on-line applications from the ELIGIBLE individuals for filling up of vacancies in the following post by Direct Recruitment at BIS Headquarters, New Delhi and BIS Offices located in the country, as per the details given below;
|Post Name||No of vacancies|
|Technical Assistant (Laboratory)||30*|
* Discipline-wise break up of 30 vacancies
- 12 Chemical
- 05 Mechanical
- 02 Electrical
- 06 Microbiology
- 05 Civil
# Discipline-wise break of 20 vacancies
- 01 Air-conditioning/Refrigeration
- 07 Mechanic (Diesel Engine)
- 05 Electrician
- 03 Fitter
- 01 Welder
- 03 Carpenter
Educational & Other Qualifications required
Technical Assistant (Laboratory) :
(i) Bachelor’s Degree in Science (with Chemistry or Microbiology or Physics or Bio-Technology or Food Technology or Bio-Chemistry or Electronics as one of the main subject) with minimum sixty percent marks (fifty percent for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes);
(ii) three years diploma in Mechanical or Electrical or Civil or Chemical or Electronics or Food Technology or Metallurgy with minimum sixty percent marks (fifty percent marks for the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes).
Senior Technician :
i) Matric or its equivalent;
(ii) Industrial Training Institute Certificate in any of the following trades: (a) Electrician; (b) Air-Conditioning; (c) Refrigeration; (d) Mechanic (Diesel– Engine); (e) Fitter; (f) Carpenter; (g) Welder (the Welder should be also having passed the Welders’ Qualifying Test as per the relevant
Indian Standard or its equivalent); and
(iii) two years’ practical experience in the respective trade after having obtained the Industrial Training Institute certificate or National Apprenticeship Certificate in the relevant trade.
- The candidates must be between 18-30 years of age for Technical Assistant (Lab) and between 18-27 years of age for the post of Senior Technician. The candidate should have born “not earlier than 09 March 1990” and also “not later than 09 March 2002” in case of Technical Assistant (Lab.) and “not earlier than 09 March 1993” and also “not later than 09 March 2002” in case of Senior Technician.
Process of Recruitment
- On-line Exam & Skill/practical/trade test
The application fees will be Rs.500. No fee would be paid by SCs/STs/PWDs/ Ex-servicemen/Women and BIS serving Departmental candidates;
The payment of the application fee is to be made through on-line system only;
How to Apply
Candidates will be required to apply online through BIS Website which will remain opened for 21 days. No other means/mode of submission of application will be accepted under any circumstances.
- Starting Date to Apply Online & Payment of Fee: 17-02-2020
- Last Date to Apply Online & Payment of Fee: 08-03-2020
- Tentative Date for Issue of Admit Card for Online Exam: 23-03-2020
- Tentative Date for Online Exam: 29-03-2020
- Tentative Date for Declaration of Result for Online Exam: 21-04-2020
Other post , you may like :